Connect with us


Breaking: Akeredolu is Dead



A student in his 500-level at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Ayomide Akeredolu has passed away, allegedly due to the failure of the school’s health center to attend to him promptly.

Lovetvnews Nigeria reports that according to sources, the incident occurred around 8:50 pm on Thursday when Akeredolu was urgently taken to the University Health Centre.

However, it is claimed that he was not promptly attended to due to his colleagues’ inability to present identification confirming him as a student of the university.

This online news medium understands that in response, the incident prompted a protest by angered friends and fellow students, who rallied for justice in Akeredolu’s name.

Reacting to the situation, Mr Adegbenro Adebanjo, the Director of Corporate Communication at FUTA, denied the allegations. He stated that Akeredolu had collapsed in his dormitory, and despite medical attempts at resuscitation, including at the Health Centre, medical professionals were unable to revive him. The doctors reportedly determined that he had already passed away upon arrival.

Adebanjo conveyed, “The Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA, mourns the unexpected passing of one of our students, Ayomide Akeredolu, who died on Thursday, August 24, 2023, during a sudden bout of illness.”

“The student collapsed in his dormitory, and despite efforts at resuscitation, including at the Health Centre, medical professionals were unable to revive him.”

According to the statement, Akeredolu was rushed to the Health Centre around 8:50 pm on August 24, 2023. However, resuscitation efforts, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and oxygen therapy, proved unsuccessful. He was subsequently transported to the UNIMED Teaching Hospital, Akure, by the medical team on duty in the university ambulance.

Acknowledging the emotional impact on Akeredolu’s friends and peers, the university’s management extended their condolences and expressed their solidarity with the bereaved family.

Regarding the protest that followed, Adebanjo clarified that it wasn’t directly linked to Akeredolu’s death but rather stemmed from perceived issues with services at the University Health Centre. A meeting between student representatives and university management resulted in the identification of deficiencies in the process of accessing health services. The management pledged to promptly address these concerns, with ongoing reviews to ensure satisfactory implementation.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *